Saturday, April 4, 2020

Well, while other people are self-isolated, dressing cats in silly costumes and making art out of cardboard boxes and plastic trash bags, I intend to do something in line with my profession.

Years back it looked like my father was fighting off the illness affecting his mental faculties (which eventually turned out to be Alzheimer's).  I felt I could actually move away and start my "real" life (which seemed to be continually on hold), which would include becoming a professional writer.  I felt so good, in fact, I took my first stab at a romance (or at least a beginning-of-romance) story I called "Mr. Litterbug".

Unfortunately family circumstances took a turn for the worse, and "Mr. Litterbug" ended up at the bottom of a pile of paper two feet thick.  A couple of days ago, however, I uncovered it, reviewed and rewrote it, and I gave it "the works" (which is putting a story on my PC, a memory stick, printing a hard copy which I put in a little box along with [when they show up] rejection/acceptance letters).

I'm aiming high with "Mr. Litterbug": The Saturday Evening Post.  Why not?  First, however, I have to write a synopsis of the story for my cover letter.  It's supposed to be 500 words or less . . . I just wrote one 850 words long.  We'll have some extreme cutting, then -- off it'll go!


No comments:

Post a Comment